Thursday, June 23, 2011

so this is what happened.

Five am is just to early to tell someone they suck.  It just is.  I worked Saturday for hours and hours on a box of undies that "should" have taken 1hour.  Except that there were 300 pairs, so it took alot longer than that.  I could not move fast enough apparently.  The entire group of us were lectured in front of everyone at 5am.  We were told we needed to be baby sat, and that we all needed partners because we could not work the way we were supposed to.  We were also told that someone else would take our hours and that we would be sent home if we could not do it right.  How about a great big cup of shut the fuck up?  I think I may have said that in my out loud voice.  Not super loud but I am pretty sure I was heard.  So I think I quit.  Or got fired. Or something.
Here is the thing, my manager is 15 years younger than me, and I am just not going to be talked to that way.  Nor am I going to be, not now, not ever.  Wait, maybe if I was working in a hospital and people were killing over because I was not doing things right, but no, its just underwear.  Its just underwear!!!!  REALLY!
I am now looking again and think I have sworn off retail.  I really thought I could just stick it out, but looking back I see a whole heap of bullshit that I had to ignore.  Such as comments like, "You work in the back with us because you are not cute enough to be on the floor."  To this comment I must say that I am not traditionally  pretty.  According to the western standards of beauty, I fall short.  Literally.  I am short, 5 feet on a good day, mixed race, curly hair, brown eyes, muscular, round face...certainly not your average tall, skinny blonde with puffy lips and the perpetual vacant smile.  No offense out there to my blonde friends.....after all you are older than 20!  Life experience in my humble view enhances beauty.  None of that here friends.  I don't have a high pitched voice, a constant smile, and I don't say like with every other word.  So I will concede that.  But for Gods sake I am not a monster!  I am not all deformed and freaky!  And to think I took out my nose ring for this!  Really!~  DAMN!
Don't worry though friends there is more to come, lots more experiences behind the counter to share!

1 comment:

  1. Lifes hard out there. Hope you're doing alright, you sound like a nice person.

    ReplyDelete